.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Button Top Socks - photo

I know I know, I said I wasn't going to start any new projects.... however, the next swatch for the CGOA Masters program uses a size 7 steel hook (1.65mm) and that is much smaller than I'm accustomed to using. So I thought I'd better practice on a project before attempting the swatch.

These socks use a size B hook, which is not quite as small as a 7, but still smaller than the G & H I've been making all the other swatches with. I'm trying out Lion Brand Magic Stripes (thank you Karen) for the first time and it's pretty neat how the colors work out. I'm sure by the time these socks are finished I will be ready to go down to the 7 steel hook and work up the next swatch.


Button Top Socks