.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hanging By A Thread

I spent three solid hours yesterday crocheting the thread swatch for my CGOA Master's program. I can't believe I did it! I had never worked with #10 cotton thread and a size 7 steel hook. Of course Chandler got all excited because she had never seen me work with thread and did her best to help by attacking the ball every time it moved. I finally had to banish her from my work room so I could concentrate. I now have deeeep respect for threadies; I can't imagine making a large tablecloth out of this stuff!

I have one more swatch to make today, and it consists of 10 small swatches seamed together. Hey, at least it's worked up with 4-ply worsted weight!! I hope I remember how to work with yarn...