.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Home Depot isn't an LYS???

I just got back from Home Depot and for some reason they don't sell rust-proof pins for blocking doilies. I gotta start taking my camera wherever I go (ala My Crazy Aunt Purl) so I can capture the "deer in the headlights" look I get when I'm out and about (I'm now wondering why that happens so often). I was in the Velcro section of Home Depot and snagged (get it??) the first person to walk past wearing an orange apron.

"I'm looking for the rust proof pins".

*blank stare*

"You know, to block homemade items and not get rust stains".

*uncomfortable pause* "The stain blocker is in the paint aisle."

"Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that... thanks."

I wonder what he would have said if I had asked where the notions were? Now I have to go figger out where to buy these pins. I tried using toothpicks (they don't rust) but they just kept breaking. And the ones with the little colored curly plastic on top bleed (not amusing at all). The rustproof deck screws were too big and the nail gun just shot straight through the foam core. Besides, I couldn't find on the package of nails whether or not they were rust proof. I should call Home Depot and see if they know.