.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Sleighbells Ring....

Are you listening? Seriously, for crafters Christmas is literally right around the corner. I have my Christmas list out and have started on a couple of the presents already. Do you know that someone actually asked me the other day “haven’t your friends/fam got sick of getting homemade items by now?" Sheesh. That’s one less person on my Christmas list. If you are reading this (and you know who you are) go cry in your crocheted Christmas stocking with the glass beads come Christmas morning when there is nothing under the tree from The Christmas Dude! Mwahahahaaaa……

Anywho, I started this Serafina’s Shawl this morning for a Christmas gift. It’s my first time to work this pattern and I can see what all the fuss is about. It’s so easy and with this boucle and a size K (6.50mm) hook it is going F.A.S.T. I may be making several of these for Christmas presents this year! If you think you are on my Christmas list, and you are of the female persuasion, please immediately forget that this is what I’m making you for Christmas so that you can be pleasantly surprised when you open it. I promise it won’t be inside a paint can this year.



Serafina's Shawl



The yarn is Joann’s Fabric brand, and it is called Sensations Rainbow Boucle. I’m diggin’ how the colors fade so nicely, a la Sirdar YoYo. At $7 for this football sized skein of yarn the shawls will be perfect gifts. I’m thinking I’ll get two out of this skein alone! I put a coffee mug next to the skein to help illustrate it’s actual size.




Yarn used - cup unused