.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm what?

Yep, the big 3-8 today. This has become cliche I believe, but I really do still feel 18 years old. Seriously, why didn't I know then what I know now? Youth is wasted on the young, yada yada yada... it all applies today. I like birthdays though and I have only freaked out on one so far and that was my 30th. For some reason it was tough on me. This year I'm just hoping it'll rain a little bit so I won't have to work in the yard too much!

I'll give you three guesses what I'm going to do today, and they all start with two words "The Blob". I made progress yesterday but by 4pm I was spent. I did have the pleasure of actually using a skein of the jade color which sadly was quite exciting for me. I'm dreaming in yellow now instead of Technicolor like before. Which is fine I suppose as long as I'm not dreaming about winter in the north.

Anywho, the pic here is from my 10th birthday party. I look very happy, eh? (and very sunburned too!) We lived in Lake Tahoe at the time, and my sister made the cake and the sugar sculptures of Disney characters. I tried to save those for a couple of years but they ended up melting. Who knew? Try and guess how many red/white/blue birthday cakes I've had...


The ten-year-old Crochet Dude

Now scurry over to Crazy Aunt Purl's site to see other pics of The Dude and some of his adventures!!