.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Monday, June 27, 2005

Cathedral Rose Window Afghan - photo

This photo was taken before I got my digital camera, so the quality isn't the best. Sorry about that! I made this afghan a couple of years ago for a Christmas gift. It looks so complicated but was amazingly easy to work up. The designer is Julene Watson and believe it or not this was her first pubished design! Such talent!!

The leaflet was published by Annie's Attic in 1996, and I believe is out of print. It's called Award-Winning Afghans, leaflet #878301. I've heard it is available on eBay from time to time.

This one took me about a month to make and measures 78" in diameter. Trust me, weave in those ends as you go! There are a bazillion of them!!

There is even a crochet-along that just started over yonder in Crochetville. Check it out and join in. I don't plan to make another one at this time but I'm definitely going to follow along. I can't wait to see everyone's progress!!

Cathedral Rose Window Crochet-along

*click for biggy view*


Cathedral Rose Window