.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Friday, May 27, 2005

Safari Booty + Cable-eight progress

Here is what my yarn safari produced. At one store I found a great clearance bin and I got these 50g skeins for only $2.50 each! They are 100% wool from Norway and I love the colors. In case you're wondering, I have no idea what I'll be doing with this yarn, but that isn't the point, right? Y'all understand...


Dalegarn - Free Style


At Yarns 2 Ewe I found this great yarn. It is 87% merino wool in three different colors. The three are stitched together side by side. The swatch in the store was incredible (I wish I had photographed it). Now this yarn I do know what I'm going to use it for. For the 2007 Crochet Pattern-a-day Calendar I'm going to be working up a garment (only in the sketch stage right now) using Louet Topaz in a beautiful royal blue. I'm going to use this Icona to finish the design. It's going to look great together!


Bertagna Filati - Icona


Bertagna Filati - detail

And I finally transferred Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf to stitch holders so I could use my set of knitting needles to cast on the front of the Cable-eight Top this morning. I hope my secret pal likes it! I'm using Lion Brand Wool-ease sportweight, double-stranded, in the color "Fisherman".


Cable-eight Top - front