.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Friday, June 10, 2005

My Very First Design

The article in yesterday's Talking Crochet made me a bit sentimental as I remembered the different projects I had designed through the years. This doll was given to my mom Dolores in 1949 when she was expecting her first child. When the baby turned out to be a boy, Mom kept the doll for herself. She had always felt that it looked like her (although I feel Mom was even prettier than this doll).

When I was in Jr. High Mom had been hiding this doll for years because the clothes were long lost. I offered to make the doll some clothes; how fearless kids are! I don't remember how long it took but we were both very happy with how it turned out.

When Mom passed away a few years ago I was very happy to receive this doll. I call her Dolores and keep her in my yarn room. After all, I believe Mom is my muse.

*click photos for biggy view*


Dolores



Dolores' Petticoat




Dolores' Collar