.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hob Nob

I've been hobnobbing with the movers, the shakers, the powerful and the elite of the crochet world today at the CGOA Professional Development Day. I've been so starstruck but have tried to not embarrass myself. But, how can you not be when all the names that you see around the industry are on the tags of the people around you?

*all clickable*







I'm amazed at how much I learned today. There is so much to being a designer from how to submit a design proposal to how to protect your copyright. I'm so grateful there is an organization like the Crochet Guild of America that supports and promotes crochet and has experienced members that are willing to share their insights and experience. Such a generous spirit!!

I actually took a bazillion photos but didn't want to upset those that are on dial-up by including too many of them! Tomorrow I'm taking a celtic cabling class in the morning and a designer workshop in the afternoon. Woo hoo!