.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Dude Needs Mauxhair

Thank You!!

Thanks everyone for leaving such positive feedback for Nouveau Riche. It was a labor of love and I'm happy that y'all approve. Now to hunker down and get the pattern finished!!

Cable-eight Revisited

I received a wonderful email from the lady that had me knit her a Cable-eight sweater a few weeks ago. Here is an excerpt:

"...I wore your Cable 8 sweater into work yesterday for the first time. I was listening to the weather on the radio which forecasted 92 degrees with a heat index of around 100. Yikes! I thought it was going to be closer to 80 degrees, what was I thinking? Until I got to work and walked from my car to the front door in a nice breeze, and the breeze went right through the sweater! The word “refreshing” went through my mind a couple of times by the time I made it into the building.

"Then, after dinner last night my husband and I were sitting on the couch watching TV, and during a commercial he turns to me and says (jokingly) “That’s a nice new sweater! I wish I had the time and money to go out and buy nice new clothes for myself all the time”. At which point I crack open this big dirty grin, and he’s forced to ask “What?”

"I told him that you made it for me. He was amazed! Flabbergasted! He put on a show of feeling how soft it was, and how he thought it was some expensive brand name.

"I told him that it is a brand name: The Crochet Dude brand!..."


Thank you so much for sharing. You’ve really made my day!!

And Then...

As I edit the pattern for Nouveau Riche I am also putting together the designs for my poncho booklet. Y’all voted that that is what you wanted me to design next, and with fall right around the corner, why not? I have set up a new poll in the sidebar to find out how many you think I should include in the booklet. And hey, if you have been waiting for Pretty Pleats with Mango on Top, it will be included as well!

Here is a sneak peek of the poncho I designed yesterday, called “Mauxhair Stole”. I still have to add a few things but this is the basic poncho. It’s dressy and soft, honoring the screen goddesses of yesteryear.