.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Nice Naples...

Yesterday I arrived in Naples (Italy) in the morning early and went directly to Pompeii. I was here last year so didn't expect to see anything new. However my tour guide took me through many different buildings that I didn't get to see last time!! That made me very happy. Let's just say that the people of Pompeii were quite naughty. I have pics.

After Pompeii I took a bus to the base of Mt. Vesuvius. You know, the volcano that buried Pompeii and is still active? I then hiked to the top and walked around the crater. It's very exciting to know that at any moment the volcano could blow its top! The view of the bay of Naples was no less than spectacular and I could see as far as the island of Capri.

Needless to say there were no yarn shops on the top of the volcano or in the ancient ruins. Onward...