.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Monday, October 03, 2005

Birthday gifts - CAP style!



I received a fantastic box of goodies for my birthday over the weekend from none other than Crazy Aunt Purl. How cool is that?! Inside I found some great Noro yarn, a vintage craft book, a cat toy knit kit, some voodoo (of course!) and several pounds of candy (I love my dentist but I love Tootsie Rolls even more!).



The obligatory once over by Cleocatra and Chandler.

I Like to Swatch...

I have been putting together the swatches to send to Interweave Knits for their next crochet edition. I am sending them six ideas this time and putting them together is a lot more work than I realized. I was up until all hours last night sketching, weaving in ends, blocking (I ran out of tootpicks), etc. It's a classy mag and I would be honored if they picked even one to be included. Wish me luck!

Okay Okay!

Here is a full frontal pic of me, no hand, no sunglasses. I was going to try and Photoshop the breadstick out of the picture but I thought that was getting too picky. Keep in mind that I had just come down from climbing to the tippy top of the dome on top of St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City, then walked a several miles before finding this little restaurant. I look tired, don't I? I'm also digging the Euro-chic asymmetrical hairdo.