.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Knit Man Knit!!!!

Yesterday I overnighted to NYC the crochet design I was working on for Lion Brand Yarn Company. They called me just before Rita came to visit and overnighted the yarn to me and I took it with me over the weekend. It was a good project to keep my mind occupied as the storm progressed.


Today I started on the sweater that I am knitting for the Men Who Knit book. It's a double-roll crew neck sweater made with Artyarns Ultramerino 6, which is 100% merino wool that is hand painted. The sweater is of course designed by Annie Modesitt.

This is how much I was able to get completed this morning (about six inches). I love how it is turning out. The great part is that I do believe I get to keep the sweater once they are finished photographing it.



I've only been knitting since February so I'm happy with how it is turning out (and that Annie had an easy design for me to work up). Just wait until you see some of the other designs too! They are amazing!!