.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ode to crochet...


Crochet, oh how I miss ye! I have been so occupied with my other responsibilities that I have neglected you so. Please forgive me, fair crochet, and come back to me soon.

MWK&TDWLT

I have the first draft edited of some incredible profiles that have been submitted for my book Men Who Knit & The Dogs Who Love Them. I am amazed at the diversity of men out there that knit, and wow, do they knit passionately! There are only a few more days left to submit something. Email me!

Look out Hollywood!

I'm on my way to Los Angeles day after tomorrow. If you are in the L.A. area this week please come to the West Hollywood S&B meeting at the Farmer's Market on thursday at 7pm and introduce yourself. I'm looking forward to meeting as many people as I can that night! It's my first time in L.A., I wonder if I'll get discovered at some trendy coffee shop... it could happen! (Judy Tenuta reference y'all...)

Fleas Begone!!

I sincerely cannot thank everyone enough for their suggestions to rid my castle of fleas. Chandler & Cleo are now flea bombs and the fleas cringe when they see them coming, run for their lives, then die in the wake of the Frontline force field. Thanks again!! (and you know who you are...)


You're Hired!

I was hired this morning by an amazing yarn company to design a crocheted garment for them. I will keep you posted on the progress, and from what I can tell, their yarn is incredible. In fact, I've drooled over one type they offer at my LYS, and the fiber they want me to work up looks even better! Y'all didn't know that I cloned myself over the summer so I could do twice the work as before, did you!