.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Public Service Announcement

This goes out to all my peeps in the Houston area! By the end of this announcement y'all with either thank me or curse me. Either way....

I just received my newsletter from the LYS that is about a mile from my house (they were closer but moved to a bigger location last year which is good because I seriously do not need an LYS in walking distance. Seriously.) and they announced that they are having a major sale this weekend.

The sad part? I can't make it. I won't be able to indulge my need for stash. Here is a cut of what will be included:

This Labor Day Weekend, Sat. 9/2 and Sun. 9/3, all 100% cotton and 100% bamboo yarns will be on sale. In addition, many cotton blends and rayons will also be on sale. Finally, to make room for all the new fall additions, all clearance yarn sale-priced at $8.00 and above will be $4.00/ball, and all clearance yarn sale-priced below $8.00 will be $2.00/ball!!!!!!!!!! That means yarns like Classic Elite Tigress (originally $32/ball) or Rowan Plaid (originally $15+/ball) will be priced at waaay less than our cost!!!! You don't want to miss out on this sale opportunity!
We'll have close to 100 of our regularly-priced summer yarns on sale from names like Berroco, Classic Elite, Noro, Lily, OnLine, Alchemy, Colinette, Louisa Harding, Crystal Palace, Cascade, Needful, Araucania, Debbie Bliss, SWTrading, Garnstudio, Manos, Wool In The Woods, Skacel, Elsebeth Lavold, and Queensland.
We look forward to seeing you this weekend--since it's our 3rd anniversary, we'll have door prizes for gift certificates and yarn throughout the weekend.

Here is the location:

Yarns 2 Ewe, Inc.
518 Shepherd Drive
Houston, TX 77007

And their website:

www.yarns2ewe.com

*note: I am in no way affiliated with this yarn shop (except that they do carry some of my patterns booklets that may or may not be the ones you are looking for and perhaps you don't want to buy them online and also maybe you want to get both the booklets and the yarn at the same time because your aunt's birthday is Tuesday which you never forget and you won't be invited to Thanksgiving dinner if you do and putting together a little kit would keep you out of the doghouse this holiday season) I just wanted to give all y'all a heads up and since I can't make it to the sale, I can live vicariously through you.

On The Crochet Front

I shipped out the design that may or may not be a coral colored dress to its midwestern destination yesterday. It was due by Friday and I'm glued to the online tracking system to see where it is now. Apparently it's still in a sorting facility in Mesquite, TX. I think they should start attaching actual GPS tracking so I can follow my shipments in real time. I can think of a few other things I would attach GPS to, just for giggles.

Also, remember that stack of sketches/swatches that I was working on before I went to sunny downton Burbank California where I filmed three episodes of the show Uncommon Threads that may or may not begin airing in January? I shipped out a third of the stack yesterday as well because it needs to arrive at its New Englandish destination by Friday. Keep your hooks crossed. I really want to start working with this yarn company!

The other 2/3 of the submissions are going to to three magazines that have editorial deadlines over the next two weeks. They are all working on their spring/summer '07 issues right now and the challenge at hand is creating crochet designs that are great for the warmer months. Fun stuff!! Once I get all the submissions packed up and shipped out I can start designing my studio and finally make a trip to Ikea!! Woo hoo! The lingonberries are calling me....

Allison Thanks You

Well, actually, I want to thank everyone that has made Allison such a big success. This has instantly become my most popular pattern booklet to date. Y'all rock!!