.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cake Please


Y'all, if you don't have a swift... it's the must have holiday item this year. It will change your life, just as it has changed mine. I was able to take 12 pounds of wool and wind it into wonderful yarn cakes in just under twenty minutes!

I admit that this would have been impossible before. I know I know, one can put the yarn on the back of a chair or the hands of an unsuspecting guest (and believe you me, it's happened more than once!) but the end result is always 75% yarn cake - 25% yarn spaghetti.


Aint it fun to see a hank behaving? This is incredible hand-painted ultramerino from Artyarns. I love it. I do. And the best part is after the sweater is photographed for the Men Who Knit book I get to keep it!

mmmmm, cake....