.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

ParTAY at The Dude's Place




Just before I started blogging I had a get together at my house with some crochetiers from around Houston. It was a potluck affair in the afternoon on a Saturday. It was a blast! Everyone brought something and I supplied the dessert and mimosas. Nothing like drinking pitchers of mimosas then trying to crochet!






This was taken just before the first hookers (and a couple of pokers) started to arrive. Every square inch of the bar area filled with yummy food that the others had brought with them.





This is the dessert that I made. It's puff pastries filled with cream and topped with poached apple slices. It's from the Valentine's issue of Martha Stewart Living. I did a test run of the dessert the week before (always wise, never make something for the first time for a party) and it was made as one big pastry that you cut up. I didn't like how messy it was to serve, so I decided to make them as individual pastries and I was happy with the presentation. The two tier tidbit platter was my mom's. I think she would have been proud of how everything turned out.





And here I am with the star of the party, Jerrah! Isn't she adorable?