.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sandy Eggo

Whew! I just shipped off the final project for Super Cool Yarn Co. II! Woo hoo! All the yarn companies needed their items very quickly because I believe they plan to take them to the TNNA show next week in San Diego. I wish I could be there, but I'll have to settle for being there in fiber.

Super Cool Yarn Co. III

Yep, now there is a third SCYC. This one is having me create a sweater for the 2007 Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar. Yarn is in transit. I'd better get some chores finished around the house this afternoon. I may even bathe, no promises though.

Men Who Knit Update

All the sweaters for the Men Who Knit (And The Dogs Who Love Them) book have been shipped to the publishers. Amazing! I am on the second draft of the profiles and will be sending those to Annie this weekend for her to work her editorial magic. Oh, and if I collected a profile from you I will be contacting you soon for a photo. I'll email you the specifications, etc.

Free Pattern Ideas

For those of you who receive The Crochet Dude Newsletter you already know that I have asked for ideas for free patterns. (If you don't receive the newsletter, for heaven's sake why not?) Please email me ideas of free patterns you'd like to see in the future (because I obviously have a lot of time on my hands) and put "Free Pattern Idea" in the subject line. I've already received a few very creative, unusual (and one entertaining but totally inappropriate) ideas!

Art in Houston

This is a photo of my friend Imaginary Maggie. When she was here last time we went to see a house that had been "altered" by local artists before being torn down to build a new art center. They took all the wood siding off the house and ran it through the house like a tube!!