.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Vintage 1938

Last year my big brother Don, better known as "The Naked Inspector" (he does home inspections in the Carson City/Reno/Tahoe area and uncovers everything, clever, eh?) was here visiting and of course he inspected my house, he's nice that way. Anywho because of the excessive humidity in Houston he recommended that I get the house caulked up and repainted (we estimate it had been about 30 years since the last time it was painted).

To make a short story longer, he visited before The Crochet Dude was ever blogging, publishing designs, etc. and I had a lot of time on my hands. This blog went live a few weeks later and I've been trying to keep up with it ever since! And did the house get painted in 2005? No, I don't think so! So, to be proactive (yeah 2006!) I am painting it when I have an hour or two here and there. Yesterday I finished up the courtyard.

courtyard before

courtyard after


Of course there is no patio furniture in the after, but hopefully that's not too distracting. I'm happy with the color and how it's turning out. Neighbors keeping stopping by and cheering me on. I live in 1952 I think. One of them brought me homemade brownies and a glass of milk.

Crochet?

What does all this have to do with crochet, you may ask? Well, nothing...and it just makes me wish that I could do more in a 24 hour period. I could hire someone to paint the house I suppose, but where is the fun in that?