.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Yikes. and oh yeah... YIKES!


I invited my friend Trish from across the street over to see the new sofa. I was telling her how the t.v. was going to move into this room and that I was going to expand my studio into the current t.v. room, blah blah blah. One thing led to another and I showed her my current studio and she exclaimed "wow!", and for the first time in a while I looked at it through another person's eyes. Conclusion? It's a holy mess and way too small!!! (see pic - which unfortunately will enlarge if you click on it, revealing the messiness even clearlier - which is too a word... anywho).

I blame the holy mess on the way-too-small, even though I know that my mom would have said "just put each thing away when you are finished with it and it will stay organized". And going against what I'm sure Dr. Phil would advise I'm going to throw some space at the problem. I'm convinced (at least in the process of convincing myself) that if I just had 100 square feet more all of this would look neat and tidy. And hey, I could go to IKEA and get some cool Swedish-style shelves that would make the place look professional. And I reaaaaaaally want to build cat walks all around the walls like in those extreme homes on HGTV, so Cleo and Chandler can run around above me and watch my creativitiness.