.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mucho Exito

The trunk show/meet-n-greet was such good fun! I was able to meet lots of new people and also some that I "know" from cyber-space but hadn't met in real life. Thank you to everyone that showed up and made the event such a success!
Mary Charles was generous enough to allow me to use the entire classroom for my trunk show. If you look closely you can see a lot of my new designs as well as some classic Crochet Dude! I discovered very early in the day that there is a fine line between a poncho and a skirt (hey, I'm a dude...there is a learning curve). Anywho, lady after lady picked up the Pretty Pleats with Mango On Top poncho and held it up their waist saying "this is such a cute skirt!". I only disagreed twice then I realized that you know what? It is a cute skirt! We all agreed though that the Little Black Poncho would only work as a skirt on Paris Hilton... (use your imagination). The trunk show is still set up at Mary Charles Yarn Co. until tomorrow so if you'd like to stop in and see the designs in person feel free!


This is a shot of another room in the yarn shop. The store is the second floor of an old historic house very close to Rice University. The floors are all hardwood, and there are several different rooms with yarn in each one. Such a warm and friendly atmosphere!


Here I am with the lovely Mary Charles herself. She should be very proud of the fantastic shop she has set up (only open since last fall). I wish her much success!!