.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Hangleburger

I was able to finish this purse over the weekend. It's going to be next pattern that I am going to publish via Lulu so keep yer eyes peeled! I've named it "Jennifer".

Photographing red is tricky. For the longest time I thought it was my old camera having red issues. I got this Olympus a few months ago and it had the same troubles. I'm learning little by little how to tweak photos via Photoshop so that the reds are true. This photo came out pretty close to the actual color. It's sort of a dark pink.

Calico House

I was also able to get another side of the house painted. It was H.O.T. that day too. The more I do the more I like the color. It's such a refreshing blue, especially compared to the drab of the grey. Not that grey isn't nice, because I do think it is, but it doesn't represent my personality (IMHO). Should I be embarrassed that neighbors cheer me on as they walk past? I'm sure they are placing bets on how long it's going to take me to finish...

Still Spring?

I thought that gladiolas blossomed in the spring, but apparently not this variety. This is the first stalk to blossom so far. They are leftovers from the previous owners and they appear to be multiplying. The gladiolas, not the previous owners, at least that I know of, maybe they are multiplying too? I guess that's none of my beeswax...

Warm Thanks

I would like to thank everyone who left such nice comments on yesterday's post. Mother's Day is a bit rough for me, and your kind words helped get me through the day. When I was a teen and Mom and I were out for coffee, sometimes she would look at the other customers' meals and lament that she wished she had the money to buy us hangleburgers (her nickname for hamburgers). So yesterday I went for a big juicy hangleburger and quietly gave thanks.