.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Julia's Debut


Here are the first photos of my latest purse design, this one called "Julia". As you can see, it is Miss Chandler approved! This is the sister purse to the Jennifer that I showed a couple of weeks ago. I hope you like it! It's a chunky flat-bottomed purse with cables all around, and closes with a drawstring and has heart-shaped handles.

The purse is self-lining by which I mean that you don't have to sew in a lining, it's part of the pattern! Once you get all your stuff in the purse and it bulges just a bit then you can see the pink lining in between the giant cables. I'm hoping to have both Jennifer and Julia available sometime next week! Woo hoo!

This detail photo of the cables shows how I used two strands of different fibers in order to create a mottled effect.


Cat not included