.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Woof

Last year right when hurricane Rita was heading directly for Houston I was contacted for the first time by a yarn company to do a boucle doggy sweater for one of their booklets "Precious Pets". I was very happy to see that it came out finally! Woo hoo, so this is officially my first (although others came out sooner) published design!



In fact, I created the design from my hotel room where I was riding out the storm (so it was at Universal Studios, Orlando...whatever). With one eye on Rita and the other on my bag-o-boucle I came up with this small doggie sweater. And hey, with the added pressure of thinking this was a turning point in my career (my first time working with a yarn company, we're talking big time, baby!)I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

I've seen it at craft stores, and you can check it out here too:

Precious Pets