.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Dude is One Year Old Today!

Happy Bloggiversary!




It was one year ago today that I figured that I'd give The Crochet Dude a shot and present him to cyberspace. Who knew what would happen over the next twelve months?

  • 232 posts
  • 140,000 hits
  • 3,000+ comments logged
  • 10,638 views of my Blogger profile
  • 10 free patterns created
  • 50 designs published
  • 10 designs created for yarn companies
  • Featured in newspapers in countries such as the USA, England, Canada, & Australia
  • Received six marriage proposals.
  • Featured in magazines such as Knit.1, Bust & Interweave Crochet
  • $175.00 raised for Habitat for Humanity
  • 1,000+ subscribers to The Crochet Dude newsletter
  • Able to meet Crazy Aunt Purl, Lady Linoleum & Ellblo among many other fantastic people (you know who you are!)
  • Signed my first book deal with Lark Books
  • Coauthored that book with knit goddess Annie Modesitt
  • Taught myself to knit and went on to knit one of Annie's designs for that book
  • Selected by Accord publishing to do editing work on the 2007 Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar
  • Blogshares.com current value is B$4,724.63/share (buying may be difficult)
  • Technorati Rank: 11,745 (264 links from 129 sites)
  • Top crochet site on the Crochet Top Site List. Have you voted?
  • 289 people have pinned my Frappr Map.
And if I think of anything else I'm going to come back and add it to the list. If YOU think of something I should add to the list, let me know!

Thank YOU!

Seriously, I'm so grateful to each of you that comes to my blog and enjoys my designs. I love reading your comments (hint hint, leave one right now) and I feel like I've made some fantastic friends here!

Cleo has enjoyed this year too!