.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Buh-bye Baby!

I shipped out all the baby items (whoops, did I tell you they were all baby items?) to SCYC IV this morning. Whew!! Another deadline met. I can't express what a relief it is to send stuff OUT! I have several more deadlines to meet over the next 6 days and I'd better get crackin'. I'm on the verge of feeling like I may not make one or two of them, but I doubt I'll let that happen. I'm not at the point in my career where deadlines are cheefully held up for me....yet! (I've heard rumors that there does come a time when press dates are sometimes held up if the right designer asks for a few extra days.)

Speaking of Upgrades

I just received my acceptance letter from the Crochet Guild of America, letting me know that my membership has been upgraded to Associate Professional! Woo hoo HOO! A full Professional membership requires two years of work experience in the industry and well, I don't have that yet. So they have a program where you start as an Associate Professional and it allows you to participate with the full professionals and learn from them. Heck, they even assign you a one-on-one mentor if you want!! Do you think Melissa Leapmanis available?

If you haven't joined the CGOA click here and check it out!