.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Several Reasons to Buzz

This morning I hauled out all the remaining projects that are due. Most of them need to be shipped Tuesday, and that includes one that I have yet to receive the yarn for. It's Friday and if it doesn't arrive today, it may or may not arrive Monday. There ain't enough coffee to get me through this weekend, y'all, I'll be needing a fibermiracle (or something stronger than coffee). I do feel good about the stage that all the other projects are at. I don't see any compelling reason they won't be finished on time. Luckily it's supposed to be rainy all weekend so I won't be distracted by yard/home improvement projects.

Say Hello To My Little Friends

This morning I found this little dude (again, could be a dudette, I'm not sure how to tell with insects) drinking the hummingbird water. If you look closely you can see there are a few more little friends getting hopped on sugarwater. Don't they know that sugar is the enemy? Or is potato the enemy? I can never keep it straight. I was so close to buying "The Peanut Butter Diet" book the other day. Peanut butter at every meal and still lose weight? Now that's a miracle!

And I found another little treasure this morning. Yep, it's the first watermelon on the vine. In fact I found six of them, but the others were camera shy. Anywho, although disappointingly for Crazy Aunt Purl they won't be square, I can't wait to see them develop! This is the first time I've actually had watermelons grow for me!


Don't Hide Yer Hogwarts

I found a crochetier that has created a fantastic reproduction of Hogwart's Castle from the Harry Potter series. It's an amazing example of when talent and patience come together to create something incredible. Check it out here:


Have a great weekend everyone! My big podcast debut is on Monday!