.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yarntopia

Saturday afternoon I found myself in Yarntopia....literally. Sheryl and Amy have at last opened their incredible yarn shop in Katy (just outside of Houston). I have been anticipating this new yarn store for months now, and I was not disappointed at all. To paraphrase a recent commenter: "they had me at Fleece Artist"...

*all photos are clickable*



Your lovely hostesses at Yarntopia



The yarns are arranged by weight! What a fantastic way to shop!!



Not only do they carry Fleece Artist, FA actually created a wonderful set of yarns using Yarntopia's colorway. Appropriately named "Yarntopia"!



Do you think Sheryl and Amy would come over and help me organize my studio? Or should I just move in here?



Self portrait in front of the kettle-dyed goodness.



Such a good name for a great yarn shop!!


Here are a few of the yarns they carry: Rowan, Louisa Harding, Fleece Artist , Handmaiden by Fleece Artist, Malabrigo, Mango Moon, Tilli Tomas , Debbie Bliss, Araucania, Noro, Nashua, Classic Elite, Berroco, Cascade, GGH/Muench, Plymouth, Crystal Palace, and Mission Falls.

If you want to see more visit the website or Sheryl and Amy's blog. Better yet, boogy on over if you are in the area for some tactile therapy!