.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Monday, June 12, 2006

The iPod Has Spoken

Some of you may have noticed that I don't usually do the meme thing. Not that I don't enjoying reading others', because I really do. Then I saw this one on my friend Stephanie's blog and figured I'd at least try it, which didn't mean I had to post it, right? Well, it's spooky how much the iPod knows and fearing the wrath of the shuffle-gods I am sharing it with the rest of the world. Try not to read too much into the answers.


The way it works:
1. Put your iPod on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

How am I feeling today?
Stray Cat Strut, Stray Cats (this is interesting since I’m feeling blecky today. I guess stray cats don’t always feel that great, eh?)

Will I get far in life?
Draggin’ The Line, R.E.M. (I don’t even know what that means. I’m thinking it means far.)

How do my friends see me?
Estoy Agotado,
Mana’ (translated: “I’m Exhausted” – is that how you see me?)

When will I get married?
Dame Tu Amor,
Luis Miguel (translated: “Give Me Your Love” – and you know who you are…)

What is my best friend's theme song?
He Left A Lot To Be Desired,
Ricochet (This reaaaally made me laugh!)

What is the story of my life?
I Can’t Put Out This Fire,
Brooks N Dunn (And would I even want to?)

What was high school like?
Aint Goin’ Down till the Sun Comes Up,
Garth Brooks (I had some fun. We’ll leave it at that.)

How am I going to get ahead in life?
Right Here Right Now,
Fatboy Slim (This is what I’m actually trying to do, stay in the moment. It’s always a bit of a challenge for me, but I’m trying!)

What is the best thing about me?
Some Days You Gotta Dance,
Dixie Chicks (I’m not afraid to put everything aside and just enjoy the day, afternoon, evening, etc.)

How is today going to be?
Wild Boys,
Duran Duran (I wish I were strapped to a windmill being dunked simultaneously while singing. I’m just saying.)

What is in store for this weekend?
Let’s Go Crazy,
Prince (Woo hoo, something to look forward to!)

What song describes my parents?
Jealous Lover,
ABC (I can’t verify this since I’m an orphan now, but it wouldn’t surprise me.)

What song describes your grandparents?
Big Business,
David Byrne (My grandpa ran the local dump and was also a freelance butcher, going from farm to farm killing animals for people. Such a legacy.)

How is my life going?
If That’s The Way You Want It,
Brooks N Dunn (The operative word is “if”. LOL)

What song will they play at my funeral?
Fragile,
Sting (Perhaps. Perhaps it will be “Relax”… we’ll see.)

How does the world see me?
Walking,
David Byrne

Will I have a happy life?
Twist in my Sobriety,
Liza Minelli with Pet Shop Boys (I can see that.)

What do my friends really think of me?
It’s Not Right But It’s Okay, Whitney Houston (ROFL)

Do people secretly lust after me?
Burning Bridges,
Garth Brooks (I don’t know what this means…)

How can I make myself happy?
Drive Time,
M People (Gotta go!)

What should I do with my life?
We Got The Beat,
The Go-Go’s (I will do my best.)

Will I ever have children?
Making Flippy Floppy, Talking Heads (If anyone know what this means could you please explain it to me?)

What is some good advice for me?

Someone To Watch Over Me,
Linda Ronstadt (I certainly hope so.)

What is my signature dancing song?
The Wanderer, U2 (Aint that the truth!!??)

What do I think my current theme song is?
Get Together,
Madonna (If you know this song, you know how funny an answer this is!)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
One Too Many Mornings,
The Chemical Brothers (How come y’all never told me this?)

What type of men/women do you like?
This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody),
Talking Heads

What kind of kisser are you?
Don’t Stop Believing,
Olivia Newton-John

What's your style?
Turns The Love to Anger,
Erasure

What kind of lover are you?
Are You Still Up?,
Janet Jackson (While this is a bit embarrassing, I can’t argue with the all-knowing iPod, right?)

What would be playing on a first date?
Saturday Night,
Bay City Rollers (I forgot I even had this cd.)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
21st Century Schizoid Man,
King Crimson (Sigh.)