.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Winter in Houston

It's officially winter in Houston! Last night it dropped to an incredibly low 52 degrees and did I mention the furnace isn't working for some reason?

Anywho...

Since I was able to mark off two WIPs over the weekend I started another Christmas present yesterday. It all started with the fondling of the yarn in Yarns 2 Ewe yesterday. I had just deposited my first paycheck as a designer (when the Leisure Arts booklet comes out I'll let you know! Woo HOO!) and stopped by the yarn store to celebrate. I was planing to make a scarf with Noro that Crazy Aunt Purl, well, is crazy about. But before I got to the Noro display I stuck my hand into a giant pile of 100% Baby Alpaca yarn from Peru.

Seriously. I couldn't move. It is the softest yarn I have ever touched.

Moving on, I bought some of it in a deep cranberry color and started this scarf last night. It's my own design, whattya think? (for some reason my camera doesn't get true reds...imagine it as a dark cranberry color)