.

A place to help this dude keep track of his thoughts and ideas on his way down the fiber arts superhighway...

Monday, October 17, 2005

BOO-tiful Weather!!


This is the first weekend in like forever that it hasn't felt like I live on the surface of the sun. Seriously. It was so pleasant all weekend, low humidity, temps only in the mid to upper 80's. So I spent a lot of the time cleaning out the garden & flower beds from the summer. I got the fall crops planted too! In this pic you can see the leftover pepper plants from summer (which are still producing even though they look a bit dangly), three cabbages that I never got around to harvesting (which are now officially science experiments), and some gerbera daisies that I planted last year right after moving in. What you can't see yet are the seeds that I planted that soon will be romaine lettuce, spinach, radishes & wax beans.

Crochet Rules


I also took a break from all the MWK stockinetting and worked on the Groovy Loops afghan. I have one strip completely joined and one square completed for the second strip. I'm really diggin' how the ghan is turning out now that I have a strip joined. Believe it or not, although I've made a bazillion Groovy Loops squares for comfortghans I have never made an entire afghan with them. Me likey! Do you think my intended holiday gift recipient will too? I hope so!